Villa Maria’s Service Leadership Team reports that despite the many challenges of Covid-19, Villa students completed 3,750 hours of service this semester! Service efforts included:
- Packaging Covid testing kits for Main Line Health
- Creating cards for hospitalized children and the IHM Sisters at Camilla Hall
- Baking breakfast casseroles for St. Agnes Day Room clients and baking cookies for Bake4Charities
- Creating no-sew-blankets for clients of Orion Communities
- Collecting pumpkins to donate to local farms to feed their animals
- Making masks for health care workers and preschoolers at St. Agnes
- Working as a digital volunteer for the Smithsonian and the UN
- Assembling Butterfly Baskets for women who have experienced the loss of a baby
- Working at the Villa school store
- Working at Villa Maria events like Open House
- Helping out the Advancement Team with mailings
- And so much more!
Thank you to the students and moderators who have overcome COVID-19 obstacles to help the community during a time of need.