Volleyball at Villa Maria teaches teamwork, commitment, leadership and effort. The first priority is family, then academics, followed by attitude, teammate support, developing the total volleyball player and team culture.
Coach Peggy Evans strives to instill the following values in her players:
- Leadership on and off of the court.
- Commitment to each girl thinking, “How can I make my team better”?
- Preparing the girls for life after volleyball.
- Confidence in moving forward no matter what life throws at them.
- Knowing they are not just volleyball players and that volleyball does not define who they are or who they can become.
- Self advocacy.
- Representatives of Villa Maria Academy’s values wherever they may land.
- Great memories.