Music Scholarships are awarded to advanced musicians based upon individual auditions as well as department needs. Music Scholarships cover one year’s tuition for music instruction. Applications for the Class of 2026 are due by November 10, 2021. Students interested in a Music Scholarship must complete the following:
- Register & Sit for the Entrance-Scholarship Exam
Villa Maria administers the High School Placement Test (HSPT) as our Entrance-Scholarship Exam. Test dates for the Class of 2026 will take place on Sunday, October 17 & Saturday, October 23. Register here.
- Apply to Villa Maria
An application must be on file in the Admissions Office before a student can be considered for a scholarship. Learn about applying here.
- Complete the Music Scholarship Application and Pay Audition Fee
Complete the Music Scholarship Application (below) and pay a non‐refundable $25 audition fee no later than November 10, 2021. Please note that no applications will be accepted after this deadline.
- Submit Letter of Recommendation
Please have your current music instructor send a letter of recommendation to Ms. Leah Kim, Director of Music, at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: “Music Scholarship Recommendation: STUDENT NAME”). The letter of recommendation must be received by November 10, 2021.
- Attend Audition
Applicants will be required to attend an in-person audition on Wednesday, December 1, in the Marian Center. Audition times will be assigned according to instrument, and Ms. Leah will email you with your audition time. A student guide will be present to assist you, and you will have access to a warm‐up area. The audition is private, and parents are asked to wait in the lobby.
Unfortunately, audition times may not be changed. If you are unable to attend your audition, please call the Music Department at 610‐644‐2551, ext. 1044, as soon as possible.
Please note that all applicants are required to pay a non‐refundable $25 audition fee (as part of the online application).
Music scholarship auditions will be held on December 1, 2021, and scholarships will be awarded by mid-December 2021.
Music scholarships are renewable each year based on the following criteria:
- Student understands and follows the IHM Charism and upholds Villa Maria Academy’s Core Values.
- Student must participate in at least one or more of Villa Maria’s Music Department Ensemble.
- Student must communicate effectively and provide exemplary membership to music activities.
- Student must only take the music lesson at Villa Maria and receive additional help from Sister Dolores once a week.
- Student must perform at various school events and activities, especially “Carol and Ring” in December.
- Student must maintain an “A” average in music and remain in good standing academically overall.
- Student must make music her first priority in the selection of activities and electives.
Other scholarships may be available under special circumstances.
Please contact Ms. Leah Kim at email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding music scholarships.