Team Winter Sports Wins VMA March Madness 2019!
Thank you to all our generous alumnae for participating in VMA March Madness 2019!
The Final Four
Fine Arts and Winter Sports battled for the top spot, but only one team would emerge from their side of the bracket to be in the top two.
This chart shows the final standings when the top two teams — one from each side of the bracket — were named the top two. Fine Arts and Winter Sports battled for the top through most of the competition, with Winter Sports taking a solid lead at the end.
- The competition opens on March 21 with 8 teams.
- The Final Four will be announced on March 31.
- The champion will be named on April 9.
- Homecoming October 12, 2019 — winners collect their prize.
- Donate in the name of your favorite extracurricular activity.
- All funds go to the Villa Fund
- The minimum donation is $20/activity, but you can give as often as you like.
- You may split your votes in multiples of $20. When voting opens on March 21, select “yes” in each of the boxes below to record a vote for that team.
You are competing against members of other extracurricular activities instead of competing against other classes. The winner of the competition will be the activity group that brings in the most money. The winning team will get a March Madness T-shirt, available only at Homecoming. (T-shirts will not be mailed.)
- Academics (honor societies, mock trial, Model UN, robotics, mathletes, etc.)
- Fall Sports (cheerleading, cross country, field hockey, golf, soccer, tennis, volleyball)
- Fine Arts & Music (orchestra, Madrigals, handbells, Marian Masques, Malvern Theater, etc.)
- Publications (yearbook, newspaper, literary magazine)
- Service (Children of Mary, library aide, ambassadors, athletic association, etc.))
- Spring Sports (lacrosse, softball, track and field)
- Student Council (executive council, class rep)
- Winter Sports (basketball, indoor track, swimming and diving)
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all our generous alumnae, whose contributions of money, time, and mentoring provide enrichment for current and future Villa Marians!
Your Gift Makes a Difference
The educational experience offered at Villa Maria Academy is exceptional in large part because of annual contributions that sustain innovative programs and traditions, invest in students and faculty, keep us competitive with technological advancements, and maintain and enhance our facilities. Gifts to the Villa Fund support virtually every aspect of student life and make an immediate and limitless impact on the school. We thank you most sincerely for your support.