Students are expected to present a neat and clean appearance at all times. Students must wear the regulation school uniform purchased from the school’s designated supplier. Skirts should be no shorter than approximately 3″ above the knee.
Uniforms should be cleaned, neatly pressed, and properly hemmed. The use of jewelry should be limited and appropriate for school wear. Severe shaven-type haircuts are forbidden as are painted streaks and/or glitter in the hair. Students who have pierced ears may wear modest earrings; however, any other type of body piercing, including tattoos, is strictly forbidden. Body art is likewise prohibited.
Requests to wear non-regulation shoes for an extended period must be submitted to the Dean of Students. Such requests must be accompanied by a note from a physician explaining the reason for the request. The school reserves the right to define what is appropriate school appearance.
- Regulation plaid skirt
- Appropriately-sized blue or white oxford cloth shirt; school monogram on collar is optional.. No non-Villa logos or emblems are permitted.
- Navy blue or white turtleneck (optional) with long-sleeved oxford cloth shirt. T-shirts may not be worn under the school shirt.
- Navy blue blazer–required for assemblies and liturgies (names are to be placed in blazers).
- Navy blue crew neck or V neck monogrammed sweater (optional). Note: fabric may be cotton or acrylic.
- Regulation VMA fleece (optional) or VMA navy gym sweat shirt
- Navy blue opaque stockings or tights
- Regulation navy leggings with navy socks —optional during designated winter months
- Regulation light blue cord skirt
- Regulation navy blue knit shirt with school emblem–no substitute permitted (T-shirts may not be worn under the school shirt).
- VMA navy blue socks (tights are not permitted; no logos other than VMA).
- Approved brown shoes as indicated above
- Navy blue crew neck or V-neck monogrammed sweater (optional). Note: fabric may be cotton or acrylic.
- Navy blue blazer-required for liturgies and assemblies.
- Regulation VMA fleece (optional) or VMA navy gym sweatshirt (only sweatshirt permitted).
- Approved sturdy dark brown shoes. No boot-type, ankle-high, clog-style, sneaker (including Skechers), dress flat, or moccasin shoe is permitted. Heels should not be higher than 1 ½” inches.
Outerwear during School Hours
Students must wear the regulation school uniform in classrooms, labs, the cafeteria, and the library and at all assemblies unless directed otherwise. Generally, no outerwear may be worn in these locations during the school day with the exception of the VMA fleece. The navy VMA gym sweatshirt also may be worn with the summer uniform only. No other sweatshirt may be worn with the uniform inside the buildings.
When necessary, acceptable outerwear may be worn to travel between buildings. However, jackets or sweatshirts with offensive logos are not permitted on the VMA campus.